We're four days out! And in these final days, Rock the Vote will be rocking the calls. You see, if you ask someone to vote, they are much more likely to go. It's like a party - people only come if they are asked. So the idea is: let's invite as many young people as we can to the polls.
Between now and Tuesday, we will call thousands of young registered voters and tell them to get out there and vote on Election Day (and maybe even answer some of their questions along the way). But with your help, we can reach even more people with a GOTV message.
- Rock the Calls on your own - Join the massive national phonebank - by making a few calls of your own. It's really simple. And we even have an app for it. You can do it all on your smartphone (OR with a phone and a tablet/computer). Just click here. Agree to the terms (no prank calls please!) and read the script. Then, start calling! Seriously - you can call five voters in 10 minutes.
- Host a phonebank - Invite your crew (friends, family, colleagues, classmates) to take two hours in the next few days (or more!). Ask them to help us phonebank young voters across the country. Rock the Vote will provide the technology and the call scripts (and maybe even some Rock the Vote swag, if you send us an address to ship the gear). Here's a quick guide. And all you need is a phone, internet connection, and enthusiasm. We know that pledging to vote works, and that making a plan for Election Day works too. And that's what we're asking people to do on these calls. That's why this is so important. It is proven that friendly GOTV reminder phone calls increase turnout. Not to mention, it's also a fun way to volunteer for democrac
- Just help us spread the word that making calls is easy, fun, and really important
- On Twitter: We're rocking the vote by making calls & asking people to vote on E-Day. Join me! Go to http://bit.ly/TeA3YC. #WeWill #GoVote
- On Facebook: I'm doing my part and calling young voters to make sure they have the info they need to get to the polls on Election Day. Join me! Just go to http://bit.ly/TeA3YC to get started. Let's rock out these calls, so we can rock the vote on November 6th.